Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Misogyny Mix & Mystery Song Contest! Warning: Offensive Content Alert
Extended Misogyny Mix
As a furtive baby step toward creating an official podcasting blog, I have prepared the above extended mix MP3. This is a compilation of songs from my collection that are all related to misogyny, wife beating and/or murdering one's baby. Note: I am in no way condoning these sentiments. I only put this together because I thought it would make an interesting mix. Oddly, over half of the songs here are from Louisiana and/or New Orleans. Hmmmm, makes you think...
1. Smiley Lewis - Jailbird
2. Lonesome Sundown - You Better Learn to Treat Me Better
3. Raymond Lewis - I'm Gonna Put Some Hurt on You
4. Bobby Bland - Cry, Cry, Cry
5. Aaron Neville - Over You
6. Blue Charlie - I'm Gonna Kill That Hen
7. Pat Hare - I'm Gonna Murder My Baby
8. Sugarboy Crawford - Watch Her Whip Her
9. The Crystals - He Hit Me (and it felt like a kiss)
Bonus Mystery Song
As a bonus, I submit to you the following mystery song in the same theme. This is a song that I put on a cassette tape many years ago, the title of which I can no longer remember, nor the artist. The first listener to correctly identify song title and artist will win a mystery prize pack (basically whatever stupid crap I have sitting around my desk) Good Luck! (with apologies to Red Kelly for stealing his bit, from Soul Detective)
*Editor's Note* Many of these songs are outrageously offensive. Not for the overly sensitive. Listen at your own risk!