Thursday, December 11, 2008

My Gift To You

Photobucket

MP3 File
Leonard & Sandra
The Santa Claus Song
RV 101
1978
Here is perhaps the greatest Christmas 45 I have ever found. I have never heard it anywhere but on my record player. I can find no information about it anywhere. Everything about it smacks of vanity pressing. Leonard croaks about Santa, his voice breaking all over the place. I can only guess that Sandra must be the one noodling on the casio keyboard. This definitely falls into the category of so bad it's good. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it's so bad it's GREAT. One of my all time faves. Consider this my contribution to the World's Christmas Canon. May it find its way onto mixed CDs everywhere...
p.s. If you have ever heard this song, or have any information about it, PLEASE let me know!

No comments: